Alignment of the hands & wrists in downdog:
1. Place your hands such that the center of your wrists are even with your outer shoulders & your wrists make a straight line across.
2. Nail down the entire perimeter of your hands evenly.
3. Claw your finger tips slightly – as if you were palming a #basketball.
4. Create a little lift underneath the very base of your palm by your wrists. You’re forearms should be smoking! *Not your wrists*
Yoga For Dudes, Downdog Tutorial:
1. Bend your knees 1/2 way towards the floor.
2. Widen your knees as wide as your heels. About hips distance apart.
3. Tilt your pelvis up, until it’s neutral. I.e. Until you have a natural curve in your low-back.
4. Only as much as you can keep that extension in your low-back, work your legs as straight as they’ll go!